Anyone who dismisses her as eye candy didn’t watch the same movie I did, and ought to go sit in a corner and think about their misogyny.
I mean, god, it’s the little things. That “who do you want me to be?” she asks Steve while they’re in the car is just so raw. This is a woman whose entire life has been defined by ‘who do you want me to be?’ and so she falls back on it because she has nothing else left. And Steve doesn’t buy into the trap and just says “how about a friend?”
And god, her face when she thought Nick Fury was dying. The sheer level of silent devastation she’s trying not to show and failing.
I just cannot get seeing this moving and not seeing Natasha. Because if you just dismiss her as eye candy, that’s what you’re doing (I’m looking at you, several male reviewers).
Today’s list of standout Natasha moments (it varies):
- Reaction to Nick’s death.
- Reaction to NIck’s not being dead (she looks so wounded under the physical pain and confusion).
- Suiting up and infiltrating the WSC meeting with Pierce with a gunshot wound to her shoulder.
- Speaking of that, saving their asses shortly after getting said GSW, using a heavy piece of equipment even while she could barely stand.
- Using the widow’s bite on herself.
- That moment where she pauses to gird her emotional loins before she respond’s to Pierce’s jab about the world seeing her as she is (which it wouldn’t, because of course who she is and how she is is not what she’s done).
- The steely-eyed, contained anger bubble gum snap. (Most bad-ass use of bubble gum ever.)
#scarlett johansson is a remarkably pretty woman#and it continues to piss me off that basically as soon as she turned 18#that was all reviewers could see about her#even though by that age she’d already proven herself to be a damn good actress as well#and it’s not like her talent had an expiration date#the moment she was a legal adult
↳ Alexander Siddig as Doran Martell
Black male* excellence
clive standen, alexander ludwig, katheryn winnick and travis fimmel | goof off at comic con 2014 ew photobooth
Comic-Con Trailer | Vikings Season 3
The Vikings always deliver in big moments. Check out an exclusive look at Season 3, and prepare for all new adventures in the North.
George Takei describes the moment when he and his family were sent to an internment camp.
"Another scene I remember now as an adult is every morning at school we started the day with the Pledge of Allegiance to the flag…there was the American flag flying over the camp but I could also see the barbed wire fence and the sentry towers pointing at us from my schoolhouse window as I recited the words ‘With liberty and justice for all’." - George Takei, The Daily Show (July 24, 2014).
Full Episode (apologies, The Daily Show website does not have the best video player).
To Be Takei documentary official website.
- Mod Dawes Sr.
Chris Hemsworth on set of ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’ on July 17 [x]
celebrating the carter century :: new
oldstills featuring peggy carter
Game of Thrones Cast attends the panel and Q&A during Comic-Con International 2014 at San Diego Convention Center on July 25, 2014 in San Diego, California
Direwolves or Dragons? (x)